Experiencing memory loss and reduced brain function is inevitable as we get older. For that reason, it comes as no surprise that supplement companies offer a wide variety of pills that claim to help improve memory and strengthen brain function. One of the options available is a supplement called Inteligen.
Inteligen falls into a class of supplements known as a nootropic – a word that describes any drug, supplement, or other substance that improves cognitive function. However, not all nootropics are created equal. We decided to evaluate Inteligen for ourselves to see if it lives up to its billing.
What Is Inteligen?
Let’s begin with an examination of the active ingredients in Inteligen. The supplement contains four active ingredients that the manufacturer says act upon brain cells to improve their ability to function and form connections. Here they are:
- Bacopa Monnieri is an extract derived from the Brahmi plant, which is native to the wetlands of India. It has many uses in traditional Indian medicine, including use as a natural boost to brain function.
- Vinpocetine is extracted from the Periwinkle plant. It improves circulation throughout the body, ensuring that the brain gets the oxygen it needs to function. It also repairs damaged cells in the brain and boosts the body’s ability to form new neural connections called synapses.
- Gingko biloba is a common ingredient in memory-boosting supplements and anti-aging remedies. In addition to improving memory and increasing energy, gingko biloba may also help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine is an important antioxidant that has been shown to boost brain function, memory, and concentration.
Those are the four primary ingredients in Inteligen. In addition to containing only natural ingredients, Inteligen contains no GMO products and it is gluten free.
What Does Inteligen Do?
Now that we’ve talked about the ingredients in Inteligen, let’s talk about what it does. The manufacturers claim that Inteligen acts directly on a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which plays an essential role in healthy brain function. It:
- Improves overall brain function, giving you the ability to remain mentally alert and energetic over long periods of time.
- Sharpens your ability to focus, making it possible for you to learn about complex topics or complete involved tasks that require intense concentration.
- Acts on both long-term and short-term memory, making it possible for you to retain the information you learn and recall it when you need to do so.
In other words, Inteligen acts on the brain in a variety of ways to ensure that your cognitive function is working at a high level so you can focus and be productive.
When considering adding a new supplement to your daily regimen, it’s always a good idea to see if scientific research exists that backs up the manufacturer’s claims. Because supplements are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), doing research can help weed out the supplements that deliver on their promises from those that don’t.
Unfortunately, there are no clinical studies of the specific formula in Inteligen. However, the individual ingredients have been subjected to research. Here’s what the studies show:
- Bacopa Monnieri has been proven to have a beneficial effect on memory. A 2001 study in Neuropsychopharmacology looked at 76 adults between the ages of 40 and 65. What it found is that taking bacopa monnieri improved the subjects’ ability to retain new information after they learned it.
- There have been multiple studies that looked at vinpocetine’s effects on the brain. A 1987 study in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society found that taking 10 milligrams of vinpocetine three times per day improved the brain function of elderly adults with chronic cerebral dysfunction.
- Use of gingko biloba to improve memory dates back thousands of years. There have been numerous studies into the effects of gingko biloba on brain function. One, which appeared in Psychopharmacology in 2000, found that participants experienced, on average, a 7.5% improvement in brain function and memory as a result of supplementation with gingko biloba.
- Many of the studies into supplementation with acetyl-l-carnitine have focused on its ability to delay or diminish the severity of dementia. One such study found that participants who took a supplement experienced improved mental function including verbal memory, critical abilities, and selective attention.
Taken together, these study results indicate that the ingredients in Inteligen have the potential to help improve brain function and memory when taken regularly.
You should always consider potential side effects before taking a new supplement. The ingredients in Inteligen are all natural, and there are no serious side effects associated with this supplement.
Who Should Take Inteligen?
The target users of Inteligen are adults who are concerned about memory loss, concentration, and brain function. Inteligen is not recommended for children.
It is always a good idea to consult with your doctor before adding a new supplement to your daily routine. The manufacturers recommend caution for women who are nursing, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant.
How Often Should You Take it?
The recommended daily dosage of Inteligen is two capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening.
The manufacturer recommends taking each capsule with a full glass of water for the best results.
How Much Does it Cost?
The cost of Inteligen is in line with many other supplements that make similar claims, and is actually less expensive than some. It breaks down like this:
- A one-month supply (60 capsules) sells for $49
- A three-month supply (180 capsules) sells for $99
- A five-month supply (300 capsules) sells for $148
If you try Inteligen and like it, the most cost-effective option is to buy the five-month supply, which is like getting two months for free.
How Can I Try it?
If the usual price of Inteligen makes you unwilling to try it, you should be aware that you can get a 30-day trial with a money-back guarantee from the manufacturer. If you don’t see the results you want, you can return it and get your money back.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that Inteligen is a promising supplement that contains all-natural ingredients clinically proven to improve memory, boost brain function, and make it easier for you to concentrate.
Click here to get your supply of Inteligen. Remember, it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, so there’s no risk to you. Try it today!